2017 Celebrity Judge
We are so excited to announce this year’s celebrity judge! Chef John Coleman is the executive chef and owner of Savor Gastropub and was the executive chef of the Ritz-Cartlon. He will judge the Professional Division for the cupcake competition.
1. Click the “Baker Registration” button to fill out the registration form.
2. Read and answer each item carefully.
3. When completed, submit the form.
4. E-mail your bakery’s logo to Ashley Winder at firstname.lastname@example.org. Acceptable file types include JPEG, PNG, and GIF with a minimum file size of 30 KB.
Professional: professional bakeries, caterers, and those who sell their cupcakes commercially
Amateur: cupcake geniuses and home bakers
Youth/Kids: 16 years old and younger; NOTE: if competing, you will compete in the Amateur Division.
A minimum of 100 cupcakes are required to participate in Cupcakes for a Cause. There is no maximum limit to the number of cupcakes or the variety of flavors you may bring!
- You must check in at the Baker Sign-In station upon arrival.
- You may not compete if you have not signed in and/or if you’re late (after 11:00 AM).
- You may not compete if you do not have bakery representatives present at the event.
- A competition number will be assigned to each entry at Sign-In to keep your entries anonymous.
- Plates will be provided at Sign-In.
- You may only submit up to TWO types/flavors of cupcakes.
- Submit your competing cupcakes to the Baker Sign-In station. Volunteers will then deliver your cupcakes to the Judging Area
- Provide two cupcakes of each entry, one for each judge to try.
- Please stay out of the Judging Area, which will be in the hallway near the Fellowship Hall.
- Your cupcakes will be judged on Taste and Presentation. There will also be Best in Show.
- Competition winners will be announced between 1:30 PM and 2:00 PM on the day of the event.
- Cupcakes must be prepared and ready to go before the event.
- Set-up will be from 9:30 AM – 11:00 AM, and you are responsible for setting up your cupcakes, display materials, etc. The event begins at 11:00 AM, so please have your table completely set-up before then.
- You must check in at the Baker Sign-In station upon arrival and no later than 10:45 AM to be eligible for competition.
- Volunteers and a limited number of carts will be available if you need help unloading your vehicle and bringing in your supplies.
- Each bakery will have one 8-ft. table with a plastic tablecloth and two chairs. You will be assigned to a table at Sign-In.
- You may bring cupcake stands/display trays, table decorations, business cards, signs, and promotional materials. Limit signs to a size that can be attached to/displayed on the table. You may NOT have freestanding signs.
- All of your materials must be clearly labeled with your name/bakery name to prevent any confusion or lost property. Store all extra materials under your table.
- A maximum of two bakery representatives are allowed to work at your table. Each bakery representative will have free admission to the event and two cupcake coupons each.
- Each table will have a container for cupcake coupons. Event guests will exchange cupcake coupons for cupcakes. One cupcake = one cupcake coupon, regardless of cupcake size.